Sunday, March 3, 2013

Breakfast Smoothies!

We've all heard that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day". Even with this knowledge, many choose foods that aren't exactly healthy breakfast items, or they may just skip the meal altogether! I know that a lot of people don't feel like they have time to make breakfast in the morning, let alone one that's actually healthy for you. It's actually way easier than you think.
For the past 2 months or so I've been taking my breakfast "to-go". No I'm not at the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru every morning, I'm making smoothies!!

The thing I love about smoothies is that I'm able to get a large serving of fruits and vegetables in first thing in the morning. You can do any mixture of fruits and veggies to suit your tastes, but I've found this combination to be a winner.

Kimora's Breakfast Smoothie

1 banana (I freeze mine, because it adds volume to the smoothie, and also the bananas don't rot in the freezer! Winnnn!)
1/3 Cup blackberries
1/2 Cup strawberries
1/2 Cup blueberries
1 Cup spinach
3/4 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
2 Tablespoons ground flax seed

Blend until smooth. Seriously. 5 minute breakfast thats delicious and nutritious. This tends to make around 2.5 cups.

Nutrition Info:
354 Calories
Vitamin C: 138% DV
Vitamin A: 71% DV
Calcium: 40% DV

Another benefit I've experienced since regularly making breakfast smoothies, my skin has been looking FAN-TASTIC, and my nails are a lot stronger. It may not be just the smoothies contributing to this, but the general increase in the amount of fruits and veggies I eat per day. Who's winning?? This chick!




No comments:

Post a Comment